CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Now This is More Like It!


Since our little snowfall on Thanksgiving I have been struggling to get into the holiday spirit. The weather has been too warm to fully get into the Christmas mood. There's something really wrong with Christmas shopping with no coat and short sleeves. There's a problem when the weather is 75 degrees after Thanksgiving.

But today I was so happy...once again it is snowing!! I grew up in Northern Ohio so I LOVE snow! I like to sit inside and watch it fall from the sky. I like (unless it's slick) to walk while the snow falls...there's just something calming and beautiful about the snow. I miss the snows that we had when I was growing up.

I'm so excited!! I tried to take a picture of it with my cell phone but the pictures didn't do this pretty scene justice.

I remember a couple of years ago, I told my college group that one thing I missed about my years growing up was that it was taken for granted we'd have a white Christmas. It seems like those don't happen a whole lot anymore. It could be I moved about 300 miles South of where I used to live, it could be global warming, but for what ever reason I just missed it. I remember telling them that all I really wanted for that Christmas was snow. Well, weeks passed and soon it was Christmas. The weather hadn't forecasted anything for overnight, but when I got up and looked out...THERE WAS SNOW!!

I looked up and said, "Thanks God! That was so cool!" I told the group about it later that week in Sunday School...two of them said they had seen it too, thought of me and almost cried.

I was just saying the other day that I said I hoped this winter it would snow and snow and that we would have a beautiful winter to enjoy. It's almost as if God has granted me a glimpse of what this winter can be. Thank you God for creating snow to remind us of you!

0 comments: